Dear Triathlon Family,
Our first and foremost goal is to make sure our community is safe and healthy. The Board has been talking on a daily basis this week as things are changing in our community. Our Board is made up of fellow triathletes that take on this volunteer position to continually better our club, we are not experts in this matter.
The City of San Francisco has asked that all non-essential events with 250 people be cancelled. We know our events don’t reach that magnitude but we feel we can do our part canceling indoor enclosed workouts such as Swim/Spin for the next 30 days and we will assess the situation as things develop more. For all programming that is suspended or cancelled, we will offer either a future session or refund, please stay tuned while we figure this out.
- Swim Series - Postponed stay tuned for further details
- Studio Mix - Cancelled stay tuned for further details
- 17th Street - Please follow updates on their website
- Pelo - Please follow updates on their website
- Equinox - Please follow updates on their website
- Track - Postponed stay tuned for further details
- Weekend Rides - Stay tuned on the calendar
- Weekend Runs - Stay tuned on the calendar
- Training weekend - Postponed stay tuned for further details
- 0-60 Clinics - Postponed - Stay tuned on Facebook for updates
Personal well being and overall health play a huge role in saying healthy. Currently the CDCand Marin Health and Human Services have advised outdoor events that limit close contact are okay to hold because the risk of transmission is low. Smaller outdoor group rides and runs will be posted by members on the calendar and I encourage you to sign up for them on the calendar so if there are cancellations or changes you are aware.
We will do our best to keep everyone updated on what events are happening in a timely manner as things further develop. Please be patient with us about updates to the Swim/Spin/Track series and what that means. We are doing our best to make the correct decisions for everyone, but again we are all volunteers.
Keep everyone safe:
- If you are classified as higher risk (as identified by the CDC, then please do not come to group organized events.
- Keeping our Tri Family safe, if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, traveled to hotspot geographies, or are feeling any symptoms of illness, then we ask that you stay away from club sponsored events until you have recovered.
- Please follow the CDC’s recommended practices to keep yourself and others safe.
Do your part to not spread this virus:
The best way for all people to reduce their risk of getting sick, as with seasonal colds or the flu, still applies to prevent COVID-19:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Try alternatives to shaking hands, like a wave.
If you are sick, stay home. Call your doctor to talk about your symptoms. If you do not have a doctor, call 311 or go to sf311.org.
Steph Canon and the San Francisco Triathlon Board